MeSU supercomputer is made of several elements :
- administration and login servers,
- two kinds of computing servers,
- a Mellanox Infiniband FDR 56 Gb/s interconnect network,
- a home storage & a parallel Lustre storage of 170 TB.
Administration and login servers
These are the resources used for managing and accessing the supercomputer.
As a user, you won’t have access to administration servers.
Login servers, however, are used by users in order to interact with the system. There are two of them and they have the same configuration as a Beta computing node.
MeSU supercomputer offers two types of computing resources :
- Beta : a SGI ICE-XA system with 144 nodes, each with 24 cores (Intel Xeon E5-2670v3 2.7 GHz) and 128GB DDR4,
- Gamma : 2 SGI servers, each with 12 cores (Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 2.4 GHz), 2 GPUs (Nvidia Quadro K5200 8GB) and 256GB DDR4 memory.
MeSU supercomputer is powered by SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
Resources are managed by PBSPro job scheduler.
Many tools and scientific software are available.